Step back in time and take to the skies with a flight aboard a wonderful vintage plane with this Tiger Moth and Tank Day experience.
The Tiger Moth is a classic 1930s open cockpit biplane, once used as the perfect flying machine to teach Second World War R.A.F. pilots how to fly before they progressed on to more advanced aircrafts such as the Spitfire, the Hurricane and the Lancaster.
Today only a small number of Tiger Moths remain certified to fly, which makes this flying experience a truly rare opportunity to undertake a flight in one of these iconic airplanes.
This superb gift package offers a whole day of adventurous activity including a drive in an armoured personnel carrier and a flight in a Dragon Rapide at Duxford's Imperial War Museum.
Included in this experience are the following:
* Free entry into Imperial War Museum at Duxford
* Half price entry for any accompanying family or friends
* Tea and biscuits in the control tower
* Hands-on flying lesson in an open cockpit Tiger Moth
* Driving lesson in an armoured personnel carrier.
* Flight in the Dragon Rapide
* Professional photo taken beside your aircraft
* Buffet lunch in the control tower
* Guided tour of some of Duxford's aircraft collection
* Log book flight certificate and champagne toast
* Souvenir print of the Dragon Rapide
This magnificent flying experience is a wonderful treat for any classic aviation fan.
When can you go?
Selected Saturdays (normally one or two per month), March to October.
How long does this activity last?
Your tiger and tracks activity will last for a full day.
You need to know
To participate in this activity you must be at least 16 years old.
The maximum weight is 114kg (18 stone). You must be able to climb in and out of vehicle unaided and able to understand instructions given.
You don’t need any experience to enjoy this activity.
This is for a voucher entitling the holder to any of the activities supplied by Activity Superstore up to the value stated.
You and how many others?
There'll be a maximum of 15 other people in your group.
Family and friends
You're welcome to bring family and friends along to watch but they will need to pay the museum entrance fee.
We can’t control the weather!
This activity is dependent on appropriate weather conditions.